Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Love of Leaves Sympathy Card

Sometimes necessity spurs cretaivity; other times inspiration is needed. I have a dear friend who passed from a rare genetic disease recently and want to send a card to her husband, hopefully to encourage him as he moves forward. As you know, I lost my husband to cancer in June so this wasn’t the easiest card for me to create. I turned to a post by Kelly Acheson, A Stamp Above, for inspiration. I’ve CASEd a Mystery Stamping Card.

I used the Stamp Set, Love of Leaves and one of the dies from Stitched Leaves Dies. Please click the link below to see the supplies used to create this card. 


I am really enjoying using the new In Colors. This card features Just Jade, Bumblebee, and Cinnamon Cider. In the USA the card base is an A2, 1/2 of an 8.5” X 11” cardstock, scored in half and folded. I normally score at 4.25” then cut at 5.5”, thus creating two card bases.

Whisper White Cardstock is cut at 4” X 5.25” and leaves from Love of Leaves are stamped in second generation (or stamped off once as I wanted a lighter inking) using Just Jade, Bumblebee, and Cinnamon Cider. A piece of velum is over the top. 

For a list of supplies needed, please click this link:
Love of Leaves Sympathy Card: A sympathy card in Just Jade, Bumblebee and Cinnamon Cider.

I hope you try this card. If you do, please send me a picture of your card and I will enter you in a drawing, deadline is September 10. 

Do you need supplies or a catalog, live in the USA, and don't have a Stampin' Up Demonstrator please let me know.  I'd love to help you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment