Saturday, September 17, 2022

Stamping With Friends Blog Hop September 17, 2022

 


Welcome to the Stamping With Friends Blog Hop. For this hop it is Blogger's Choice. Our hope is to inspire you!


Do you have stamp sets or dies just waiting for you to use them? I do, I keep my uninked stamps and dies in a clear drawer; my goal is to make sure that I've used each one before they are discontinued. That is where my Aspen Tree Dies have been hiding, just waiting for me to get them out and use them.

For my blogger's choice card I decided to bring the Aspen Tree Dies out of the drawer and onto my stamp table. I used the large die to create my focal image - doesn't it look like a stand of white birch trees? It is probably not easily seen, but the Snowy White Velvet Sheets I used are so soft! I cut a piece of Basic White the size of my Velvet sheet (4" x 5 1/4") and used the blending brush to layer on Balmy Blue ink. I love the blue behind the trees.

I stamped the sentiment from Charming Sentiments stamp set onto Basic White with Night of Navy ink and cut it with the corresponding die from Sentiment Silhouette Dies. I also die cut the leaves from the Distressed Gold Specialty Paper; what is cool is the die also embosses the leaves. 



This card came together very quickly once all the stamping and die cutting was completed. I did use tear and tape on the large leaf so it would stick to the Snowy White Velvet layer. Using dimensionals, I adhered the sentiment over the large leaf. The inside is stamped with Night of Navy ink and has two of the smaller leaves adhered with multipurpose glue. Iridescent Rhinestones Basic Jewels give the card a pretty sparkle. 






Blog Hop Index



SUPPLIES

Product List

14 comments:

  1. Love your card Nancy, just ordered this set and can't wait for it to arrive x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy, that card is so pretty. The blended background really ties it all together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely Stunning Nancy, very pretty card xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! Love the background.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much to love. I love how you used the leaves, and the inside is beautiful as is the background.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful, your card are nice and wonderful have a great day.

    ReplyDelete