Sunday, May 3, 2020

Ornate Garden Thank You Card



Hello! I am so happy you have stopped by my blog. I hope you are healthy and safe.

I am taking part in Kylie Bertucci’s International Highlights Gallery, May 2020, if you would like to vote for my card, please CLICK HERE

Today’s card is inspired by Stampin’ Up Demonstrator Kelly Acheson. She, in turn, was inspired by another demonstrator, Rhonda Wade. I hope the layout inspires you, also.



The Ornate Garden Suite is so beautiful!

I cut my designer series paper (dsp) into 4” X 6” pieces and store these card pieces in a stamp case, ready to use; I’ve done the hard part, making that first cut! I used the designer series paper on the envelope flap, gluing it securely! The remainder of the piece is on the bottom of the cardbase.





This piece of the Ornate Garden Designer Paper is1 3/4" X 4 1/4". Oh my! I put glue on the foil side!

 I then glued this to the front of my card base, at the bottom.

 On the inside sentiment layer I stamped my sentiment and adhered a 1/2 " X 4 1/8" strip of the designer series paper.

I then adhered a designer series paper to the envelope flap. You will notice a small piece of the envelope peeking out of the bottom of the photo.














The gold foil sheet is cut at 3 3/4" X 4 3/4".

The very vanilla card stock is cut at 3 1/2" X 4 1/2". After stamping, these will layer onto the front of your card.

Stamp the large floral arrangement from the Ornate Style Cling Stamp Set in Tuxedo Black Ink and use the same ink to stamp the sentiment, Thanks. Both sentiments are from the Ornate Thanks Photopolymer Stamp Set.

Adhere the stamped piece to the gold paper and then adhere both to the card base using dimensionals.

The bow is Terracotta Tile Ribbon, also in the stamp set. And I added Gold Faceted Gems.

I don't think you can see it, but I spritzed this with Champagne Shimmer Paint mixed with 70% using the Stampin' Spritzer. The sparkle is lovely. As an alternative, you could use the Wink of Stella brush and individually highlight the image.



I hope you have enjoyed the card and it has inspired you to make one for yourself.

I appreciate your visit to my blog and would be honored to be your Stampin' Up Demonstrator if you do not already have one.




















Click title for card recipe: Ornate Garden Thank You Card

2 comments:

  1. Love this card Nancy, definitely going to give it a go. I love the idea of putting the piece on the envelope too. Makes it all matching. LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete