Saturday, May 2, 2020


Scrappy Strip Noble Peacock Card

Welcome to my blog! Thank you so much for visiting. My card is inspired by Brun Bertucci. This is a fun and easy card to make with a lot of WOW! 
The first thing I did was assemble my Noble Peacock Specialty Designer Series Paper and my Noble Peacock Foil Sheets. The three colors in these sets are Blueberry Bushel, Old Olive and Pretty Peacock. Happily, this card uses up some of the bits and pieces left from other projects. I had several pieces 2” X 5 1/2” and cut these into strips with one end wider than the other, not necessarily triangles although some of mine ended up triangular.



The strips from the Noble Peacock Specialty DSP are glued to a 3 3/4” X 5” piece of Noble Peacock Foil sheet with a little space left between the strips. Arrange the strips in a pattern that pleases your eye. I like to lay my strips onto the foil sheet before I glue. This is in landscape orientation but can also be done in portrait.

All glued down and not very attractive. Turn it over and cut the edges flush with the mat layer (foil sheet)


Ah, so much better. I love the way the foil shines. As you can see by the space between my strips, I chose Blueberry Bushel foil for my mat. You will now mat this onto another piece of the same foil - for this card it’s Blueberry Bushel, cut at 4” X 5 1/4”. 



And now we have a card front that is beautiful. I didn’t feel the need to do much to it, I stamped Thanks from the Ornate Thanks Stamp Set onto Vellum using VersaMark Ink and embossed with black embossing powder; I cut it out with the a stitched shape die, then glued it to the front of the card being careful to only put glue behind the words, so it wouldn’t show.

Check out the upper left corner of the second picture for the inside of this card. I used the foil sheet, cut at 4” X 5 1/4”, mounted a Whisper White piece of cardstock cut at 3 3/4” X 5” with a strip at the top and bottom.

This technique can be used with any designer series paper. WARNING: this is so much fun it’s hard to stop! 

Here are some other samples:
Mosaic Mood Designer Series Paper

Done by one of my customers for a challenge.
Magnolia Lane Designer Series Paper

Sentiment stamped and embossed onto Blueberry Bushel Cardstock.
I hope you are inspired by this card and give this technique a try! 

Don’t have a demonstrator? Live in the USA? Need to order supplies? I would love to help! You can contact me or shop in my store by clicking a button at the top of this blog. 

In these challenging times, please stay safe and well. And I also hope you keep busy creating and mailing your cards, there is nothing like finding Happy Mail in the mailbox. 

No comments:

Post a Comment